ROMANIA: Vote of no confidence kicks off a heated pre-election period

Europe

Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Listen to our reports with a personalized podcasts through your Amazon Alexa or Apple devices audio translated into several languages

Today, 31 August, parliament will hold a vote of no confidence in the Prime Minister Ludovic Orban’s (National Liberty Party, PNL) government over the mishandling of the Covid-19 pandemic. If the vote passes (55% probability) and the Constitutional Court does not challenge its legality, a caretaker government or the same Orban-led cabinet with limited powers would be the most likely outcomes. Were the motion to fail (45% probability), pre-election rivalries would capture the policy agenda and generate more instability in the coming months. The opposition Social Democratic Party (P
Register for FREE or log in to read the rest of this report.

Contact report analysts

Speevr exclusive event

US Election Series 2020

Roundtable: GOP Data Scientists on Big Data and US Election Polling

Scott Tranter

Optimus Analytics

Tuesday 11th August 2020 at 12:00 ET / 17:00 UK

RSVP to secure your spot for this event

EUROPE: CEE PULSE

( 4 mins read ) The Czech Republic is tightening restrictions and debating new economic support measures amid surging Covid-19 cases. In Poland, the three governing parties are deciding the fate of the United Right coalition. Romania’s parliament adopted a

Read More »

EUROPE: CEE PULSE

( 6 mins read ) The strong performance of the ruling United Russia party in the country’s regional elections suggests it is well-placed to retain its dominance of the State Duma after the 2021 parliamentary elections despite falling its approval

Read More »

EUROPE: CEE PULSE

( 5 mins read ) With Russia’s support, the disputed President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko looks likely to cling onto power for now. The stability of Bulgaria’s government will be tested by resurgent protests and parliament’s position on the constitutional

Read More »

EUROPE: CEE PULSE

( 4 mins read ) A worsening epidemiological situation across the CEE is prompting governments to tighten sanitary measures and reimpose restrictions on cross-border travels, economic and public activities. However, Romania is bucking the regional trend and reopening restaurants, theaters,

Read More »

Follow our contributors on Twitter

Pasado mañana se cumplen 2 años de la muerte de Menchi Sábat. Probablemente, junto con Quino, los dos más grandes dibujantes políticos que haya tenido Argentina (aunque Menchi haya nacido en Montevideo).
Irremplazables ambos 😢

Ireland has the highest share of population aged under 29 in the EU. Italy the lowest. https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Being_young_in_Europe_today_-_demographic_trends#Europe.E2.80.99s_demographic_challenge

Timely reviews from @JNilssonWright on 'Twilight of Democracy' [you can say that again!] & 'Iconoclast' [Sayonara, Abe-san] by @observingjapan

Exclusive: China preparing an antitrust investigation into Google - sources https://reut.rs/2GlUmHk writes Cheng Leng @QiZHAI @DavidKirton_

The North American release date of THE ICONOCLAST is Thursday! Order now and you'll have it imminently. https://bookshop.org/books/the-iconoclast-shinzo-abe-and-the-new-japan/9781787383104

Alejandro Catterberg en diálogo con @LongobardiM: “La crisis económica es un hecho, y esa realidad está llevando al Presidente a una posición mucho más débil, obligándolo cada vez más a recostarse sobre el núcleo duro cristinista del 25%.”

Alejandro Catterberg en diálogo con @LongobardiM: “La economía dejó de ser determinada por la política y pasó a ser definida por la crisis mundial, agravada en Argentina por la duración de la cuarentena.”

Load More...
×

Table of Contents