- While planning and logistical challenges might explain the variation in vaccination rates across Europe, it is too early to draw conclusions about these differences.
- A majority of the population still supports lockdowns, but compliance with restrictions and certain groups’ opposition are rising challenges.
Below is this year’s first summary table on the health and economic policies that selected governments around the world are implementing to counter the fallout from Covid-19. The updated table includes information about each country’s vaccination strategy.… Read the rest
China is fighting the worst Covid-19 outbreak since March 2020. Italy’s Prime Minister faces a tougher test in the Senate after winning a confidence vote in the lower house. In Germany, Armin Laschet is expected to be confirmed as the new leader of the Christian Democrats.… Read the rest
Investors would be well advised to pay close attention to how countries’ structural policies rate
Please find attached the January issue of our monthly Economic Risks. Below is a top-level summary:
- A rampaging virus and lockdowns extend secondary dips
- Immunisation programmes take time to reach critical mass
- Bankruptcies, joblessness, poverty, and inequality escalate
- Inflation falls further and remains uncomfortably low
- Unconventional macro policy support is further extended
- Real activity takes many years to approach prior trend